As we head into a brand-new year, it’s the perfect time to reflect on what’s worked over the past year and what hasn’t. Hopefully, more has worked than hasn’t! I’m not big on making resolutions, but I am huge on goal setting. Resolutions are too easy to break, but goals stay before you, daring you to reach them. I find goals quite motivating.
Over my next couple of posts, I’d like to discuss different areas of the writing life and how we can make it work in our favor instead of against us. In particular, I’d like to focus on:
1. Balancing family obligations with writing obligations
2. How to stay organized for optimal efficiency
3. Juggling part-time writing with full-time work
4. Overcoming distractions when working from home
5. Making time to write effectively when it’s part of your non-writing job
If you have any additional areas of the writing life that you’d like to see discussed, please leave a comment and I’ll do my best to address them.
Look for today’s follow-up post by January 1!